HELPFUL HANDLING TIPS
WHEN PURCHASED FRESH
Store in coolest part of refrigerator Use within two (2) days or freeze.
IF YOU FREEZE
Maintain at 0°F. For best results use within six (6) months of purchase
Please DO NOT thaw at room temperature If using a microwave oven to thaw, be sure to remove wire truss from bird before placing in oven. Cook turkey immediately after thawing
1. Remove giblets and neck from body and neck cavities. Wash turkey with cold water, inside and out, and drain well.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place turkey, breast side up, on a buttered rack in roasting pan Brush melted butter, margarine, or oil over entire bird. Season to your favorite taste or recipe and loosely cover pan with foil or cheese cloth.
3. Place covered turkey in preheated oven and roast according to the chart below.**
|Ready to Cook Weight
||Approximate Cooking Time-Stuffed
8 TO 12 LBS
31/2 TO 4 HRS
4 TO 41/2 HRS
|12 TO 16 LBS
||4 TO 4 1/2 HRS
||41/2 TO 5 HRS
|16 TO 20 LBS
||4 1/2 TO 5 HRS
||5 TO 51/2 HRS
|20 TO 24 LBS
||5 TO 51/2 HRS
||5 1/2 TO 61/2 HRS
4. Remove foil or cheese cloth 30 to 45 minutes before completion of recommended roasting time to brown tu rkey
CHECK FOR DONENESS
CHECK 20 MINUTES BEFORE RECOMMENDED TIME.
1. A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh will register 180° to 185°F Stuffing will register 160° to 165°F.
2. Juices from the thickest part of the thigh will run clear when pierced with a fork
THE FINISHING TOUCH
Allow turkey to stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving Remove stuffing, carve, and let the joy begin!